Rio de Janeiro Steel Terminal
- Project Type
- Bulk Terminal
- Triunfo Operadoro Portuaria Ltda
- Project Value
- Not Available
- Project Period
- 1998 - 1998
- Current Status
Master Plan • Operational Review
Our client was awarded a long-term contract for the operation of the Rio de Janeiro steel terminal. The facility operates from two sites and a master plan for the operations was required.
Cullen Grummitt & Roe advised on:
- Storage arrangements for various steel product including coil, wire rod, plate and pipe.
- The most appropriate machinery for use in handling operations.
- Layout design of a quayside storage warehouse with an opening roof to allow direct loading of product from warehouse to ship.
- Delivery arrangements for the site from road and rail.
- Truck parking arrangements to maximise operational efficiency
- Relocation of an oil ship loading manifold.
Cullen Grummitt & Roe visited the site and obtained the data necessary to carry out a berth occupancy analysis. CGR prepared a report detailing proposed operational arrangements and future developments including an enclosed building for steel product storage.