Refinery Product Wharf Upgrade, Port Dickson
- Project Type
- Petrochemical Terminal
- ESSO Malaysia Berhad
- Project Value
- Not Available
- Project Period
- 1992 - 1994
- Current Status
Detailed Design • Site Supervision
The project included the extensive rehabilitation and upgrading of the client’s Port Dickson refinery product wharf including:
Strengthening the wharf structure by incorporating new reinforced concrete beams and steel piles.
- Rehabilitating and repairing the existing wharf structure.
- Upgrading the fender system.
- Provision of two new mooring dolphins accessed by 40m steel framed walkways.
- Provision for marine loading arms and fixed cranes.
- Adding an extensive raised platform.
- Replacing and upgrading wharf systems and piping.
The refinery remained operational during the project so disruptions to the product wharf operations and required down times had to be minimised.
The project was tendered on a lump-sum “design and construct” basis. A local contractor, in conjunction with Cullen Grummitt & Roe, successfully tendered for the work. Cullen Grummitt & Roe provided structural and civil engineering input as follows:
- Detailed design of the wharf structure rehabilitation, repair and strengthening work
- Detailed design of new mooring dolphins, walkways, and new platforms and shelters added to the wharf.